Monday, July 11, 2011

Flying geese top done!

I felt really happy to get this top done in the last week. I have a little ritual about showing off finished quilt tops that I couldn't do, so showing it off in blogland will have to do. I don't typically love a flying geese block, but I think the scale and the prints themselves, on the white background, give it a more fun and fresh feel.


I also realized that it's a little too big for my full sized bed, but would be great for a queen! I'm still thinking about how I'll quilt it. I'd take suggestions.... :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I didnt know this was going to be bed sized! I think it would look great with straight line quilting, maybe 1.5" apart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the color palette - so calming and relaxing! i'll have to try something like it for our guest bedroom :D great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I would do something straight-linish I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fmq straight line zip zags that go two down. Straight across might be nice too. I like how big the triangles are.

    ReplyDelete